Leading Engaged Teams
Start Date: May 10, 2023
Format: In-person (Greenwood Village, CO)
Leading Engaged Teams is a 2.5 day, in-person training designed for CAC staff or team members responsible for facilitating the success of the CAC’s MDT, which may include facilitating case review meetings as one of many responsibilities of this role. This training aims to enhance participant skills as facilitators and leaders and improve ongoing team communication, accountability and relationships. This training provides both a grounding philosophy of what makes an effective team and an intensive skill-building experience that will result in stronger teams and better outcomes for children and families impacted by abuse.
This training is open to MDT Facilitators/Coordinators, or other MDT staff serving the MDT facilitator role (regardless of job title) working in the Western or Midwest region. Ideal participants will have been in their role for 2 – 3 years and have not yet completed the 8.0 hours of training required to meet NCA accreditation standards.
- Joyce Prusak, Training Specialist – WRCAC
- Jordan Benning, Project Director – MRCAC
- Sara Lee, Program Manager – MRCAC
As a result of this training, participants will leave with a solid understanding of the 5 characteristics of effective teams and skills to do the following in their role as facilitator:
- Establish safety and trust on the team
- Provide structure and clarity to team processes and systems
- Create shared meaning that incorporates individual differences, roles and mandates to establish a shared WHY
- Demonstrate fluency in the CAC model and how the MDT approach impacts families and children
- Understand and implement strategies to foster resiliency of team members
- Communicate expectations and implement shared accountability processes
The course is comprised of three core modules that take place over 2.5 days of in-person classroom learning.
Sessions will occur on the following days:
- Session 1: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Session 2: Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Session 3 (*Half-day): Friday, May 12, 2023
Greenwood Village, CO
There is no tuition fee for this training. WRCAC will provide up to 3 nights of lodging at no cost at the selected hotel. Airfare, meals and other travel expenses are not covered or reimbursed by WRCAC.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications. To be notified when applications open for future cohorts, please join our mailing list.
Contact Joyce Prusak at email@example.com.