The Advocate’s Role in the Multidisciplinary Response to Child Abuse
Start Date (Cohort #4): Accepting applications October 2021
Start Date (Cohort #5): Accepting applications January 2022
Start Date (Cohort #6): Accepting applications April 2022
Start Date (Cohort #6): Accepting applications August 2022
This training is intended to fulfill the 24.0 hours of core training for victim advocates required in the National Children’s Alliance Standards for Accredited Members. This training covers the nine competencies set forth in those standards and will include evaluation of an increase in skills and knowledge in those attending the training.
This training is appropriate for all advocates that take part in providing the constellation of services to children that are served by a children’s advocacy center (CAC) in the western region, including victim advocates employed by the CAC, working at a partnering District Attorney’s office, and/or staff of a community-based organization.
- Salli Kerr – WRCAC
- Clorinda Merino, MA – WRCAC
- Sara Lee, MS – MRCAC
- Michele Mullen, LCSW – NRCAC
As a result of this training, participants will:
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge of the unique role of victim advocates in responding to the needs of children and families;
- Understand strategies to engage and empower supportive caregivers in their own healing and support of child maltreatment/abuse victims; and
- Increase understanding of multi-disciplinary team dynamics and implications for victim advocates as integral and active team members
This course includes four 5 hour sessions of live instruction via Zoom and approximately 4 hours of independent pre/post work to complete 24.0 hours total of instruction.
Cohort #4 | Schedule TBD
Cohort #5 | Schedule TBD
Cohort #6 | Schedule TBD
Cohort #7 | Schedule TBD
How to Apply
Contact Lana Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org.