Mental Health Peer Consultation Forums
Dates: First Tuesday of each month, 11:00am – 12:30pm PT
Click Here to Register
WRCAC is partnering with the National Children’s Alliance (NCA) to host monthly, virtual Mental Health Peer Consultation Forums to provide a safe space for clinicians to share resources, connect with other clinicians doing similar work, and seek guidance on issues of importance. Experts from the Chadwick Center in San Diego will also be available to answer practice-related questions.
Each forum starts in a large-group format, and then participants are placed in Zoom breakout rooms of five to six to allow for small group discussions and resource sharing. Participants are encouraged to bring case examples to share in small groups and solicit feedback from peers. At the end, participants are brought back together in one large group for a Q&A with the clinical experts.
Mental health clinicians serving CAC children and families (clinicians serving families residing in rural and frontier communities are strongly encouraged to participate). Participation is open to clinicians throughout the US.
- Michelle Miller, PhD, LCSW, Project Coordinator of Mental Health Projects, National Children’s Alliance
- Al Killen-Harvey, LCSW, Lead Trainer, Chadwick Center for Children and Families
- Lisa Conradi, PsyD, Interim Executive Director, Chadwick Center for Children and Families
As a result of this forum, participants will:
- Gain resources from other clinicians to support their work with children and families
- Receive informal peer consultation around clinical issues of importance
- Have the opportunity to share with other clinicians best practices and therapeutic modalities
Forums are held the first Tuesday of each month from 11:00am-12:30pm PT (12:00-1:30pm MT, 1:00-2:30pm CT and 2:00-3:30pm ET)
Dates and topics for each forum are as follows: (UPDATED: 3/1/2021)
- 1/5 – Evidence-Based Modalities in Telemental Health
- 2/2 – Best Practices for Reflective Supervision
- 3/2 – Generic Call
- 4/6 – Use of Evidence-Based Assessment Tools
- 5/4 – Engaging Children & Families in Mental Health Care
- 6/1 – Generic Call
- 7/6 – Group Work with Adolescents (building resiliency and trust, short term models)
- 8/3 – Building MDT Resiliency
- 9/7 – Generic Call
- 10/5 – TBA
- 11/2 – TBA
- 12/7 – TBA
How to Register
Registration for each forum will open 3 weeks before the forum date. Click here to register.
Please note that only mental health clinicians currently serving CAC clients are eligible to participate.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.