Mental Health Peer Consultation Forums
Dates: 12/6/2022, 2/7/2023, 5/2/2023, 8/1/2023
Click here to register
WRCAC partners with the National Children’s Alliance (NCA) to host virtual Mental Health Peer Consultation Forums to provide a safe space for clinicians to share resources, connect with other clinicians doing similar work, and seek guidance on issues of importance. Experts from the Chadwick Center in San Diego are available during the forums to answer practice-related questions.
Each forum starts in a large-group format, and then participants are placed in Zoom breakout rooms of five to six to allow for small group discussions and resource sharing. Participants are encouraged to bring case examples to share in small groups and solicit feedback from peers. At the end, participants are brought back together in one large group for a Q&A with the clinical experts.
Mental health clinicians serving CAC children and families (clinicians serving families residing in rural and frontier communities are strongly encouraged to participate). Participation is open to eligible clinicians throughout the US.
- Amelia Siders, PhD, State Chapter Liaison, Western Regional Children’s Advocacy Center
- Michelle Miller, PhD, LCSW, Project Coordinator of Mental Health Projects, National Children’s Alliance
- Al Killen-Harvey, LCSW, Lead Trainer, Chadwick Center for Children and Families
- Lisa Conradi, PsyD, Executive Director, Chadwick Center for Children and Families
As a result of this forum, participants will:
- Gain resources from other clinicians to support their work with children and families
- Receive informal peer consultation around clinical issues of importance
- Have the opportunity to share with other clinicians best practices and therapeutic modalities
The Peer Consultation Forums are currently held quarterly on the first Tuesday of the month from 9:00am – 10:30am PT (10:00 – 11:30am MT | 11:00 – 12:30pm CT | 12:00 – 1:30pm ET)
Dates and topics of upcoming forums are as follows: (UPDATED: 4/7/2023)
- 12/6/2022 – The Clinician’s Role on the Multidisciplinary Team
- 2/7/2023 – The Intersection of CAC Mental Health Services and Family Court
- 5/2/2023 – Safety Planning for Problematic Sexual Behaviors in Children
- 8/1/2023 – TBD
How to Register
Click here to register. Registration for each forum will open separately, 3 weeks before the forum date.
Please note that only mental health clinicians currently serving CAC clients are eligible to participate.
Contact Lana Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org.