Mental Health Peer Discussion Groups for CAC Leadership
Start Date (Cohort 1): April 4, 2023
Start Date (Cohort 2): May 30, 2023
Start Date (Cohort 3): July 25, 2023
The Mental Health Peer Discussion Groups are facilitated peer-group discussions to help CAC leadership, such as Executive Directors and administrative managers/supervisors of mental health staff/services, navigate the challenges of meeting the mental health needs of the children and families served at their CAC, and improve their ability to supervise mental health clinicians providing services. The discussion groups are based on the premise that many CAC leadership staff have not worked as direct service providers, do not have a mental health background, have a small (or no) mental health team (or rely on linkage agreements with a community-based mental health agency), and do not have a clinical supervisor position.
Each cohort includes a series of 4 one hour sessions occurring every other Tuesday. Each session will begin with a short presentation on the following topics followed by a group discussion:
- Session 1 – Trauma 101
- Session 2 – The Value of Standardized Assessments
- Session 3 – Reflective Practice & Secondary Traumatic Stress
- Session 4 – Open Forum
CAC Leadership, such as Executive Directors and administrative managers/supervisors of mental health staff/services, in the western region. The discussion groups are geared, in particular, to those who are not clinically trained and/or serve rural and frontier communities.
Each cohort is limited to a maximum of 10 to 12 Executive Directors.
Al Killen-Harvey, LCSW, Lead Trainer, Chadwick Center for Children and Families
- To increase knowledge of trauma-informed clinical care in a CAC/CJC
- To differentiate between a clinical screening, clinical assessment, and clinical treatment plan
- To provide peer support for CAC/CJC administrators who are working in remote locations
- To identify additional resources that CAC/CJC administrators may utilize to support trauma-informed clinical care
Sessions will occur every other Tuesday from 1:00 – 2:00pm PT
- Session 1: April 4, 2023
- Session 2: April 20, 2023*
- Session 3: May 2, 2023
- Session 4: May 16, 2023
*Out of sync with every other Tuesday
Sessions will occur every other Tuesday from 10:00 – 11:00am PT
- Session 1: May 30, 2023
- Session 2: June 13, 2023
- Session 3: June 27, 2023
- Session 4: July 11, 2023
Sessions will occur every other Tuesday from 12:00pm – 1:00pm PT
- Session 1: July 25, 2023
- Session 2: August 8, 2023
- Session 3: August 22, 2023
- Session 4: September 5, 2023
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications. To be notified when applications open for future cohorts, please join our mailing list.
Contact Lana Lo at email@example.com.